Greetings! As a traveling Australian Shepherd, I am excited to share an adventure with you and your human in Oregon. This beautiful state is packed with dog-friendly activities and stunning landscapes, and I will be your guide to the best spots for you and your human to explore together. Let’s get started!
Preparing for Your Trip
To prepare for your trip, you will need to:
Sniff out dog-friendly accommodations
- Hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, campgrounds, and RV parks.
Plan transportation and pack essential items
- Your leash, harness, water bowl, and your favorite squeaky toy.
- If you are traveling by car, remember to call dibs on the front seat!
Dog-Friendly Attractions in Oregon
In Portland, you can:
- Visit parks, gardens, off-leash dog parks, and dog-friendly breweries and restaurants.
- Other dog-friendly cities worth exploring include Bend, Eugene, and Ashland.
You can also explore the natural wonders of Oregon, including:
- Crater Lake National Park … but stay out of the lake, or the Superintendant will get upset
- Mount Hood National Forest
- Columbia River Gorge
- Dog-friendly trails and hikes
Exploring the Oregon Coast with Your Dog
The Oregon Coast is a must-see destination, and you can enjoy:
Scenic drives and viewpoints
Beaches and coastal parks
Pet-Friendly Events and Activities
Oregon also offers many pet-friendly events and activities, such as:
Tips for a Safe and Enjoyable Trip
While you enjoy your trip, please:
- Observe leash laws and pet restrictions
- Be mindful of your doggy limits
- Keep your dog hydrated and protected from the elements
- Practice good pet etiquette by cleaning up after yourself with biodegradable poop bags.
I hope this guide has been helpful in planning your Oregon adventure. Remember to pack your bags, grab your favorite squeaky toy, and embark on an unforgettable trip with your best friend by your side. Happy trails, and always remember to chase your dreams and squirrels!